Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Agency Help

If you are a resident of the Third District of Michigan and experiencing difficulty with a federal agency or department, our office may be able to help. The following form gives our office permission to contact a federal agency or department on your behalf.

Please be prepared to include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.

Please note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.

Please enter your ZIP code to verify residency and go to the next step.

  marks required fields of data.

If you do not know the four digit +4 extension for your ZIP code, please check the U.S. Postal Service website for more information.

Please call our Grand Rapids office for assistance if you have difficulties completing this form.